Sheffield Historical Society
June 16, 2018
Francie called the meeting to order at 10 AM. Present were: Francie Hersey, Sam & Norma Williams, Amos G. Berry, Ed & Audrey Richardson, John R. Clark, Betty & Harold Burt, Dan & Becky Martin and Patricia Baker.
- The secretary read the minutes from June 2017 and the Town Report. Accepted.
- The treasurer reported checkbook: $ 852.51 Savings: $1519.82 Members – 25.
- The SHS directors serving three year terms until June 30, 2018 are Gretchen Faddon, Betty Burt and Audrey Richardson. John Clark nominated all for another 3 years. Norma seconded. Passed.
- Officers: President – Francie Hersey, Vice President – John Clark, Treasurer – Ed Richardson and Secretary – Becky Martin. Ed moved to accept, Norma seconded and passed.
- Museum – Moveable back door needs to be put up with old main door put inside with lock for double security. New metal roof long term wanting ?$5,000. Ed and Francie to get quotes and go to Select board as they own the building. Need to submit letter to get on budget for the Town Meeting. Norma will check on having a natural 5 ft stone engraved with names of soldiers (Revolutionary and 1812 Wars) for on the front lawn. Francie has rocks and the old quarry. Front painted.
- Museum hours : 10 – 2, John Clark ( June 23). Francie. Norma has 4 tours coming up. New guest book needed and a donation box. Ed moved to have the Matt Martin mow the lawn and hill for $25. Norma seconded.
- Wheelock – Town Hall almost done but no handicap access to downstairs.
- Other business – Album 8 – Collection management –computer plug in add.
Future of Museum and Historical Society unknown.
Old Stone House – Benefit at East Side Restaurant – July 18.
Port-a-potty – no old ones available to buy. $150 from now to Labor Day.
Ed moved and Norma seconded. Passed.
- Adjourned at 10:55. Enjoyed snacks and visiting.
SHEFFIELD HISTORICAL SOCIETY
ANNUAL MEETING AGENDA
Saturday, June 1, 2019
1847 Town House Museum
1. Secretary: reading of the minutes and town report
2. Financial report / Membership report
3. Nominations and election of officers
Officers ending their one-year term June 30, 2019 are:
Francie Hersey, President, John Clark, Vice President,
Becky Martin, Secretary, and Ed Richardson, Treasurer
4. Nominations and election of three directors
Current directors ending three-year terms June 30, 2019 are:
Ed Richardson, Francie Hersey and Norma Williams
SHS directors serving their three-year term until June 30, 2020 are:
John Clark, Miranda (Martin) Bullock, Becky Martin
SHS Directors serving their three-year term until June 30, 2021 are:
Gretchen Faddon, Betty Burt, Audrey Richardson
5. 1847 Town House Museum (Building repairs): roof replaced, back door still to be replaced with moving door, window sills need painting, grass and weed wacking (?Matt Martin), corner where flag goes is rotten and needs to be replaced with barn board. Any others?
6. Museum hours and tours:
7. Wheelock Historical Society: Patty Baker or Becky Martin
8. Any other business: Porta-a-potty is one needed this year?
Monument dedication was held May 24.
Snacks following provided by the Sheffield Historical Society at the Museum.
July 1. 2019 – June 30, 2020
I hereby apply for membership in the Sheffield Historical Society. I understand that the annual meeting will be held on the second Saturday of June (or otherwise designated ).
I desire the following membership for one year (if applying for two members, list both names):
________ Active membership ($5.00 per year per person) includes voting privileges, notice of events and newsletter.
________Student Membership ($2.00 per year per person) Includes notices of events.
NAME:_____________________________________________________________ New _____
Your E-Mail for notices:_______________________________
Make checks payable to Sheffield Historical Society
Return form to Sheffield Historical Society, 5588 Vt. Rte. 122, Sheffield, VT. 05866